Thursday 18 February 2010

This time it'll be different. Yeah, this time, it'll be different.

Your lips are darker than before and the bags under your eyes are blacker than they were and there's something different about your skin and nobody knows how you got home last night.

Your bones are making me feel weary and when you speak I can't hear a word that you say and nobody knows how you got home last night.

If there were 3 old dances we could dance maybe, 3 old songs that we could sing maybe; everything could be alright but, I keep tripping up the steps and there are just some words I forget and the tunes are fuzzy in my mind and nobody knows how you got home last night.

And my brain hurts. My shoulders ache. I'm not sure if my heart can take.

My brain hurts, my shoulders ache and I, I have never felt this kind of pain.

My brain hurts and my shoulders ache and I think my heart is about to break.

And, nobody knows how you got home last night.

Still, no-one knows how you got home last night.

Just a little something.

D.W.B



No comments: