Thursday 26 May 2011

Well I never

Tomorrow is my last exam of my last year at university. Hopefully, that is. I need to actually have passed these exams. If I have though, then tomorrow is the last time I will ever do anything academic at the University of Kent.

These last three years have gone ridiculously quick!!! I remember the exams in my first year when I didn't even really revise because it didn't matter that much. These though, I have revised for for two months, pretty much daily. I have to scribble my notes over and over for it to register. I have a lump that comes up on my finger when I write too much. I have a blister on my thumb where I've been using a pen so often. My right eye has been twitching for a month now even though I've been sleeping full nights. I'm constantly tired. If I revise now, I get an instant ache in my head. Yes, this years exam period has been quite something.

On Monday I had my Youth and Crime exam. I thought it would be the easiest, ironically it was the hardest of the three I've so far sat. I'd revised topics that came up, but the things the questions around them topics were focusing on were the parts I'd barely revised. I just blagged it and hope I can get enough marks to scrape a pass.

I hope I get a 2:2 overall in my degree. I'll be disappointed if not.

It's 9.22 and I'm falling asleep so I think I'll go to bed now and watch Gavin and Stacey or something before I sleep. I'm always a bit scared I'll oversleep for a morning exam. I rarely get up at 7.30. I have two alarms set, plus my Dad is going to ring me and make sure I'm awake. How am I going to get up if I have a 9-5 in a few months?

I think my house here is haunted. Today has been a miserable day. It has rained a lot and been really dark. The house has felt really eery and I thought I saw a beheaded Victorian lady in the garden earlier when I was washing up. She was wearing a corset. One day soon maybe I'll write a short story about what I think happened to the pub that's now my house (well, for another month at least).

Peace x

No comments: