Sunday 21 September 2008

Moving in, strangers, Kent.

I moved in yesterday. Tyler Court B flat 4/H, Rutherford College, Kent University is now my new home. It's pretty cool here. My rooms bigger than I expected, the kitchen is massive with two of everything (ovens, sinks etc), and it all just seems good. The guys I share flat 4 with are all cool. There's 9 of us and so far we've all got on, it's only day 2 I guess, the future will tell, but so far, there's no beef and we're all just settling in to this new life!

I arrived yesterday, after bare traffic so we got here in twice the time we should of. Unpacked a bit, got ID, mum n dad bought me food whilst I unpacked the rest n met the guys who moved in yesterday as well n then the family went. Weird at first, but then we just got drunk and it was cool. Did a bar crawl around campus because there's like 4 bars and the club here so that was good. I LOVE student prices for drinks. The one thing I shant miss about Rom-town is the over-priced alcohol. For sure. All got pretty wasted n it was cool eating doritos at 2 in the morning. I also broke this guy Lee's bowl, to which I merely responded "oops", classic friends and a funny moment. 

None of us slept much I don't think and we all woke up early. Dad came back to try fix my T.V but it didn't work still. It's cool, I can watch most stuff on here anyway. EXCEPT 4OD APPARENTLY! Howwww annoying! Ah well, i'll survive! We went to Canterbury n he bought me some lunch n then he left again. I'll see them again in a few weeks so it's okay! Glad I'm not from abroad like one guy we're sharing with!

Tonight we went to the bar in our college (the uni is split into four colleges for all the different accomodations) and that was fun. They were doing a night of drinking games where all the accomodations in our college were against each other. I was in the one for 'down the pint the quickest' where 5 people from each different accomodation in our college took part. One person would down a pint, then the next etc, the first accomodation to drink all 5 pints first won. Lee (who's bowl I broke) was a traitor and battled for a different place, and my team didn't win. We only had 4 members anyway. "Oops".

I keep saying "oops" a lot here. It might irritate people, but that's what I do? Ted, bert, banter etc... 

We went to the venue after that, (venue's the club on campus) but there was a hypnotist there and it wasn't all that so a few of us came back here, cooked some food and chilled.

That's that really. This week we just have introductory meetings and freshers and then next week the work begins again. I'm not excited to learn again.

Oh well, I'll just drink my life away this week I guess.

Only Rich and Steve can see this and I bet you're both bored/not even got to this part.

Mer.

I need more friends on here.

Peace x

No comments: