Thursday 9 October 2008

80's Night...

...was really good. :).

I had a lot of fun. It was good to get out with the flat mates and just forget everything and the stuff that's been bothering me for a night. 

We all got dressed up in less-than-80's clothes but actually looked quite good for clothes that wouldn't particularly strike you as being from the era. Haha. I sound weird. Yeah. The girls tried to put Ollie in one of their tops. He was going to wear it but opted for an 80's footballer instead haha. I wore my cool black 80's style sunglasses. I like them quite a lot. 

On the way there we stopped off at one of the bars so Katie could say hello to her friend. On the way out we found one of them 'CAUTION! WET FLOOR!' things and so, we decided to be 'rebs' and steal it. The adrenaline rush was unexplainable. Haha. We hid it and vowed to pick it up on our return journey to flat four later that night. We did.



We had to que for barrrres to get into The Venue but when we did it was really good. I love student prices. I bought a snakebite, two vodka lemonades and a soco lemonade for 8 pounds. Wtf? So cheap.

At one point this girl came up to me and was like 'ARE YOU KERRY'S BROTHER?!' I was like 'erm...yeah...' turns out she's mine and my sisters oldest mates friend from school who knows my sister now. So weird. Apparently I'm Kerry's 'twin'. We don't even look alike. Mer.

We danced a lot. But then they started playing Take-That and Spice girls n stuff so I was less than impressed and just stood there. That was until they started playing uber cool songs like 'Do you really like it?' and 'Dance with me', I was in my element.

We chilled in the lighthouse for a bit and then came back and I made my drunken noodles. :). I didn't drop them or eat them off the floor this time. I can only do that when I'm with Steve.

So that's about it. I had a lecture at 10-11 and I have one from 3-4 and then I'm done for the weekend :).  Not sure what we're up to tonight. Either going to see Skepta (ONE GLASS OF CHAMPAGNE FOR YOU, TWO GLASS OF CHAMPAGNE FOR ME, THREE NOW DO THE ROLEX SWEEP...DO THE ROLEX SWEEP...DO THE ROLEX SWEEP...{I'm a master of that dance}) or going into town for 'pound a pint' at one of the clubs.  I'm really hungry but the cleaners here in the kitchen and I don't want to go out there after she shouted at Ollie. Oh no. Bert.

Anyways, that's all for now. I like these (I don't know why it's double spaced it)-


Take your time,

Coz you don't have to rush,

Coz it's your life and it's no-one elses,

Don't let someone put you in a box.

 

So I'll take all that other stuff that I said before, 

and I'm gonna make it work,

because I'm losing my mind and it's driving me up the wall.

 

I'm stubborn and I'll shout and,

I'll cut you out and I'll,

I'll make you feel like,

I never wanted to make you feel.

 

But this time, it will be different,

This time yeah, it will be different,

This time, it will be different,

This time yeah, it will be different.

 

Peace x

No comments: